Most hunting knives will neglect. They will either rust, lose their sharpness if you want it most, or crack under pressure.
Cold Steel was producing premium quality knives for the previous twenty years, and they’re well aware of the unpleasant reality.
This is precisely why they have created what is possibly the ideal hunting knife on the market. The Outdoorsman.
What I enjoy about the Outdoorsman:
1. The 6″ blade is crafted using three layers of laminated steel named VG-1 San Mai III.
This steel has an interior core (cutting edge) of VG-1 stainless steel. There’s a layer of much softer 400 series stainless on each side, which gives the blade versatility.
2. It is time demonstrated drop stage design is ideal for skinning crazy game.
3. You’ll notice a ridge on the spine of the blade that looks like a”Blood groove”.
This is, in fact, a bone crusher that it is possible to use as a hammering device or chopping edge.
4. This feature is perfect for applying direct pressure when you need to make precise cuts.
5. The Cold Steel Outdoorsman has a finger guard and pommel which are made of stainless steel. This will give you extra piece of mind.
6. Full tang construction means there is no need to worry about the blade dividing from the handle.
What I did not like:
1. Partial serrations could be used with this knife, but otherwise, I have no significant complaints.
With a suggested retail value of $285, The Outdoorsman knife by Cold Steel is worth every penny.
It’s built like a tank and can stand up to even the toughest situations.